Be prepared. Get StormCon '07 on a CD-ROM containing 119 papers presented during the sixth annual North American Surface Water Quality Conference & Exposition held in Phoenix, AZ, August 20–23, 2007. These papers document a wide range of technical, managerial, and technological approaches to solving stormwater problems, all tested and applied by researchers and practitioners from across the nation and around the world.
- LID, Smart Growth, and Green Infrastructure: 21 papers focusing on low-impact development techniques and projects in which they have been successfully incorporated
- Construction-Site BMPs: 12 papers geared for professionals involved in large- and small-scale construction who must implement stormwater pollution prevention plans, install and maintain best management practices on construction sites, and provide documentation for inspections to meet NPDES requirements
- BMPs: 17 papers presenting examples of structural and nonstructural best management practices being used to achieve water-quality goals
- Stormwater Program Management: 21 papers covering public education and outreach, program funding, stormwater utilities, meeting regulatory requirements, and other aspects of program management
- Research & Testing of BMPs: 26 papers dealing with technical methods for testing the effectiveness of best management practices and comparing different BMPs, as well as with stormwater BMPs for specific applications
- Comprehensive Water-Quality Monitoring: 22 papers focusing on monitoring and sampling techniques, water-quality assessment, tracking illicit discharges and pollutant sources, data collection, and inspection practices