Learn critical design tools for practical implementation of techniques to control runoff
and sediment from construction sites. Written by three leading experts, this book contains many original
illustrations and examples for meeting regulations with appropriate measures for different types of development,
soil, and rainfall amounts.
- Design examples for a variety of basic erosion and sediment controls, including diversion
structures, slope mulches, stable channels, detention ponds, and filter fences
- Design alternatives to address different design periods, hydraulic failure rates, and
pollutant control objectives
A unique combination of scientific principles and engineering design allowing performance
prediction of erosion controls for specific site and rain conditions
- An indispensable source for meeting the EPA’s stormwater regulations
- Erosion data for all regions of the US
- Heavily illustrated with dozens of case studies and solutions to common problems
This manual is a must-have for anyone tasked with planning, implementing, or monitoring stormwater in urban,
suburban, and rural settings.